I made it! 30+ Ideas in 30 Days!
I am so thankful that Tara Lazar began PiBoIdMo for those of us who love to write and illustrate for children. Tara has created an amazing online and interactive medium for discussing, sharing, and learning about picture book writing. When I decided to participate in PiBoIdMo I had no idea that I would meet so many wonderful people and learn so much about the kidlit and publishing world in one short month!
Read more about how much I have enjoyed PiBoIdMo at geek the library.org.
Thank you to all of my new friends (and my Mom!) for commenting on my blog posts throughout the month. I started my blog on the 1st of November thinking no one would read it. Still I wanted to keep an online record of my journey, so I took a chance, and I met all of you! I look forward to continuing our online exchange of ideas as we strive to become the best writers that we can be.
I ♥ my PiBoIdMo blogging buddies!!
My goals for the upcoming year:
1. Dig through my PiBoIdMo journal and find the diamond ideas!
2. Start a new writing journal.
3. “Flesh out” ideas and create storyboards and book dummies.
4. Continue to blog and learn from my picture book writing friends.
6. Find a local critique group.
7. Read Second Sight: An Editor’s Talks on Writing, Revising, and Publishing Books for Children (in the mail!)
9. Maybe, just maybe…search for a literary agent! That may be a goal for next year. But we’ll see!