A huge THANK YOU!! to two of my picture book blogging buddies:
Beth Stilborn and Joanna Marple!
Joanna gave me the Liebster Blog Award, and Beth gave me the Kreativ Blogger Award! I feel quite honored to have been recognized by these two ladies whom I admire a great deal. I learn something new each time I read their posts. Their writing is thoughtful and authentic. I feel we are becoming great friends even though we live thousands of miles apart! I am blessed to have met Beth and Joanna and all of the lovely people who are part of PiBoIdMo, Perfect Picture Book Friday, and 12×12.
I’m not sure how this works…I think I am supposed to list five things about myself for the Liebster Award and ten for the Kreativ Blogger Award… Hmmmm…I’ll be good to come up with ten!
1. I was adopted at birth, and I couldn’t have asked for better parents. I am blessed.
2. I am left-handed. I am always surprised when people say, “Oh, you’re left-handed!” like it is something unusual…
3. I danced on a drill team in high school. I could practically kick my nose! (Wish I was still that flexible)
4. When I was a little girl I could not pronounce the letter “F.” On my fourth birthday my uncle asked me how old I was and I replied, “Well, I can’t say door, so I guess I’ll have to be dive!” (Heard that one for many, many years!! :-) )
5. I met my husband at my best friend’s wedding!
6. I can Texas two-step and jitterbug like mad :-)
7. My favorite musical is Camelot. When I was little we listened to that 8-track over and over again in the car. My mother took me to see the live performance in Houston several years ago and it took my breath away.
8. My favorite place on Earth is Palo Duro Canyon in the Texas Panhandle. When I am there I feel at peace.
9. I can snowboard but not snow ski.
10. I once entered a mosh pit at a Metallica concert. I don’t recommend it.
So there you have it folks! A few things that make me unique!
I would like to recognize the following ladies who have faithfully followed my blog since its inception. I always look forward to and appreciate their thoughtful comments! I hereby bestow on you both the Liebster and the Kreativ Blogger Awards! How’s that for breaking all the rules?!!